WS Tyler and Major Wire form global screening alliance

first_imgGermany’s Haver & Boecker, owner of St Catharines, Ontario-based WS Tyler Canada, and Montreal-based Major Wire Industries have reached an agreement to establish a global screening alliance starting on January 1, 2012. Bringing together their collective experience of more than 250 years in screening and a broad product line involving vibrating screens, washing and pelletising equipment and screen media, the two companies said the alliance “seeks to expand growth opportunities while further strengthening their current capabilities with customers throughout North America and globally.” Representing its parent company Haver & Boecker, WS Tyler will initially acquire a 40% share of Major Wire Industries on January 1, 2012, and purchase the remaining 60% in 2016.In North America, WS Tyler has Canadian facilities in St Catharines, Ontario, and Edmonton, Alberta, and a US facility in Salisbury, North Carolina, while Major Wire has operations in the Montreal area and a US facility in Puyallup, Washington. WS Tyler management has asked Major Wire to manage its Salisbury woven wire facility with the intent to serve Major Wire’s extensive dealer network throughout the US and in Latin America. All remaining operations for both companies within North America and globally will continue to operate independently. WS Tyler and Major Wire dealers and representatives throughout the world will also continue serving their respective customers and prospects.last_img